Bug List


Hello everyone, in this post today I will be focusing on the things that absolutely bug me. Some of these things may be far fetched, but however, these 20 things are a nuisance to me:  

1.      I despise going shopping and having to wait for 10 minutes in line because there is only one cashier in comparison to the 5 staff total, they have in the store.

Why this bug exists?

There may be a shortage of staff at the retail store or there are staff members who do not do their job to their full capacity.

2.     There are some airports or airlines that want me to pay extra to check my bags as if I haven’t already given them $500.

Why this bug exists?
Airlines are simply trying to capitalize on as much profit as they can.

3.     When I call the customer service line for a company and I am on hold for 30 minutes and now I have strange music stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Why this bug exists?
There are huge call centers for the company, but there are still more callers worldwide than there are workers.

4.      My huge bag of potato chips has more air in it then I breathe in half a day’s time.

Why this bug exists?
The company is trying to make a profit based on the amount of chips produced, and they may be following health regulations by giving smaller portions.

5.     Not being able to bring outside food into a movie theatre even though my nachos and the drink is more than the movie itself.

Why this bug exists?
The movie theatre is trying to make as much money it can because the price to show movies is expensive in addition to paying the employees.

6.     When my iPhone no longer receives updates and now it takes weeks it seems like to send out my text messages.

Why this bug exists?
Apple is trying to make everyone have the latest models that they put out so they can keep regenerating revenue.

7.     When I would do Web-Assign Math problems for Calculus 1 and it would count my answers wrong when in reality they were absolutely correct.

Why this bug exists?
There can be some human error by the correct answer put in by the professor or sometimes there are glitches within the system.

8.     Regardless of the time, day, or week, the line for Starbucks at Marston Library is always stretching to Turlington it seems like.

Why this bug exists?
The size of the Starbucks at Marston is relatively small and even 10 people in the store can make it appear packed to capacity.

9.     I see more advertisements on YouTube instead of the actual video that I am trying to watch.

Why this bug exists?
The more advertisements there are, the more money YouTube will generate.

10.  Every year when the Super Bowl comes, a 3-hour long football game turns into 5 because the game is filled with 1000 commercial breaks.

Why this bug exists?
The Super Bowl is one of the most watched events every year, so it is the perfect opportunity for companies to showcase their new products and promotion.

11.   Amazon will take my small appliance and will put it in a box the size of a flat-screen tv as if I ordered 100 items.

Why this bug exists?
It is less expensive to produce the same size box than to create many different variations at the Amazon factory. So, my small device is still in a normal size box.

12.  When I am able to register for a class through UF, yet there are not enough seats for the lab or even maybe the discussion portion.

Why this bug exists?
The lecture halls for the classes can hold more students than the actual lab classes can.

13.  An open road on UF’s campus will be closed for use throughout the day even though that is when students come to class predominately and are looking for parking.

Why this bug exists?
Within these areas, the university can feel like there is the pedestrian traffic in these areas is too high throughout the day.

14.  I am able to register for free for any sporting event except for football at The University of Florida.

Why this bug exists?
Football is such a high demand sport and there are limited seats, so it is easier to limit seats when they can put a cap on how many students purchase football game tickets.  

15.  Employees at stores take longer to check me out than it does for me to find the item in the store.

Why this bug exists?
The employee has not been properly trained or does not have a lot of experience yet working the register.

16.  I pay to go to the University of Florida, yet I still have to pay extra for parking at the University that already receives thousands of dollars from me.

Why this bug exists?
With making students and faculty pay for decals, the university is able to control the amount of traffic and cars that come onto campus due to limited space and parking spots.

17.  I have to register for a basketball game at UF even though it is free even when they are still are going to take a headcount at the actual game anyway.

Why this bug exists?
The association that controls the basketball games want a headcount prior to game day.

18.  The RTS bus system app will say a bus is 10 minutes away when in reality I see it two blocks away from me.

Why this bug exists?
The app is going more off estimated times to drive the route instead of where the bus is located actually.

19.  A restaurant closes the kitchen down a whole hour before the restaurant actually closes.

Why this bug exists?
Usually, restaurants want to get ahead on the closing process, so they limit the menu or close the kitchen down completely.

20.  Drivers will go 10 mph under the speed limit as if there are not any cars behind them.

Why this bug exists?
These drivers happen to be the elderly and they are not in a rush to get to their destination or their driving abilities are not the same as they use to be.

Reflection:
Having to come up with 20 different things that bug me was not as tough as I thought. The first 15 I was able to think of rather quickly, but with the last 5, I really had to sit and ponder what really irks my nerves. The hardest part, however, was getting to deeper reason as to why the bug actually exists. This was the hardest part because it is easier to see what bothers you but really taking the time to see why these things happen takes more in-depth thinking.


Comments

  1. This was a very good bug list! As I read through it, I could really relate to the bugs you provided, there were even some that I also mentioned, such as bug #6 and the iPhone updates because that also annoys me. I think my favorite one you provided, however, was how airlines charge you for the seat, the bag, etc. like you're not traveling and you won't need clothes? Some airlines actually do not charge you for bags (Southwest) so I like to try and fly with them, if possible, because I feel like they respect their customers by not nickel and diming you. I also really related to your reflection because I felt like it was a lot easier to come up with the bugs than I would have thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forming an Opportunity Belief

Final Reflection

Identifying Local Opportunities