Solving The Problem
I have come to the realization that students and faculty purchase
moped scooters to get around Gainesville or the University of Florida campus,
but they still run into the issue of finding parking and having to walk further
distances to get around campus. Also, I have noticed that faculty are forced to
park far away from their actual office on campus, and they are having issues
with making it to office hours or even class on time. So, I propose getting electric
scooters such as the ones that are in big cities provided by companies like
lyft and uber. The scooters would be able to have a controlled top speed and
range, so it can be monitored by the university. It will help in places like getting
across North Lawn or even getting from the Reitz Student Union to the Yulee
Area quickly. I believe it will also be the main attraction from outside visitors
to come to our campus.
This is actually a really good idea that I have never thought of. I do not have a scooter to get around and I do not drive to campus because there is never any parking, so I usually take the bus. Even with the bus and leaving super early, sometimes the buses run late and then I am late to class or super early to class and it can be a hassle. This is a really good idea and would help a lot of students and professors here at the university.
ReplyDeleteHello Xavier,
ReplyDeleteWhile I believe your opportunity is viable, it's more on the expensive side. With purchasing a moped, the student can sell the vehicle after and recoup most of their money back. Renting a moped would be costly with no return on investment besides the ride. I feel like adding more scooters wouldn't truly solving the parking issue. I believe UF should rework their roads or parking system to better fit more scooters than cars. This solution would be more beneficial for the parking issue. Nevertheless, adding electric scooters would indirectly promote cleaner alternatives to travel, which is important