Growing Your Social Capitol


Domain Expert: For this I made a connection with a guy name Ben and he is a current driver for Uber. I called Uber and was able to find Ben by requesting some sort of administration in my area. Ben is able to offer me advice on providing transportation service to consumers. He has given me advice on how price can impact my consumers. This will benefit the business because it allows a connection that can help give advice on altering price as consumer demand and ideology changes.
Expert on Market: For this I made a connection with a guy name Chris and he works for Lyft who provides electric scooters to downtown Miami. I met him by going downtown and waiting for the business to come by and check on the scooters. For me, his favor is to help me understand the benefit of how far apart to place the scooters and how many to put in each location. This will enhance my business opportunity by allowing me the ability to effect a wide range of people.
Important Supplier: A connection has been made with David, who is high up in Lyft and I was able to meet him through Chris. He is able to provide me with prices to rent the scooters and get them to the University of Florida campus. This is important in order to enhance the business by being able to plan and budget properly.
Reflection: From this networking opportunity I was able to get concrete information that can help my business. In the future I know the importance of making connections that can possible be a lead way to other individuals that can assist too.

Comments

  1. I feel like having these connections is really good for you in the market of transportation, specifically at the University of Florida. I really think an Uber driver around UF is a good contact as he probably hears a lot of people talk about the terrible parking issue the school has. Just a suggestion, but I feel like a good person to interview would have been someone from NS4L or Solano Cycle, as they could provide expertise in the field, as well as a supplier. It might even give you a good relationship and/or connection for your business in the future. This is just a suggestion of course, and I really liked how you took a different route to reach out to people in the 'taxi' industry, rather than the specific scooter industry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forming an Opportunity Belief

Final Reflection

Identifying Local Opportunities